Friday, May 13, 2011

Airport Incidents (1)

I just had an interesting encounter with an airport worker.
I was on my laptop, on reddit, per usual, and I noticed that he was kinda hovering so I looked up and he was like
"Oh hi, I just wanted to say hi."
And I was like..."Hi?" And then he shook my hand and I was confused. And then he asked
me if I was a college student and where I went to college and what my name was, all very quickly. I felt like I was on one of those weird news things where you hear about the person being killed or something-I was probably overreacting. But anyways, it was strange. And then he gave me another bro-handshake and said "have a nice day" and I kinda mumbled something unintelligibly as he walked off.
What what what! Maybe Dulles is just filled with overly-kind airport workers or something...
Well, 2 more hours to boarding time.


___
On another note, Things I love about airports and traveling:
1. The feeling of going somewhere, and the fact that you share this feeling with everyone else who's there.
2. The random assortment of cultures and races-hearing Spanish and Amharic in the same terminal.
3. Airport food and books
4. Waiting, creeping on facebook and reddit and blogging
5. Looking at people as they walk by
6. Hearing other peoples conversations and wondering where they're going and why
7. Looking at the huge planes and wondering where THEY are going
8. The feeling right before the plane's wheels touch the ground
9. Landing, rather than taking off
10.Arrival

No comments: