Wednesday, July 15, 2009

second day (late)

yeah, we didn't end up going to the met, the un, or any of that, but we still had a blast.We rode the subway into town, near the empire state building. We went to a restaurant called "Speedy's" which really was speedy. Buffet-style breakfast..and DELICIOUS breakfast (they had quesedillas and muffins and bagels (:) but it was full of businessmen and women. Not that they're rude or anything, it's just not that family-friendly :3 Then we walked for a long time. We saw Macy's, which is huge, and lots of other stores. We went to Greenwich Village. It's amazing..it's really quiet, and there's trees and brownstones and whatnot. And cafes. A french cafe :]
We went to Washington Square and Union Square and Astor Place and yeah all those little parks and squares and stuff. We saw NYU which is pretty cool. It's in a semi-quiet part of town but those don't really exist, I found out. We also went to the strand, which is awesome.
There's so many talented buskers in New York. In a subway station, we listened to an AMAZING electric violinist. I have video from him and several other buskers as well as lots of random footage that I need to upload. URGH.

Then we went to Fifth Avenue! We were downtown for a bit and that was a little not-exciting-at-all but later in the day we went to the uptown part which is the "real" fifth avenue with the designer stores, and the throngs of people. EVERYWHERE.
The apple store was packed. I really wanted to post a video from a macbook :3 but everyone was hogging the macs so we went to F.A.O Schwartz and saw the big piano from.."Big" good movie.
I apologize for the horrendous grammar in this post but I'm doing huge amounts of SAT practice at the moment which I think makes up for my lapse in good grammar.
So after our wonderful New York adventure when we got out of the station at Newark we got lost. Again. NEW JERSEY HIGHWAYS SUCK. At least around Newark. I swear there are 3 different highways all on the same..place..and the ramps are so confusing and they drive really badly.
Yeah, fail.
Well we left that morning and went to visit Brown University in Rhode Island. It has an open curriculum. It's gorgeous.
(I am in love) But it's hard to get into. 10.8% acceptance? *-*
After our adventure in Providence..haha..adventure..(it's really pretty and small and nice weather!) we left for NC. This took about 13-14 hours so we stopped near delaware to sleep and then got home the next day around 5. Then I went to Slay's house for a bit, had birthday cake, and played with sparklers, and watched the shining. Then I went home and crashed.
So those were some of the most...fast-paced days of my life :3 In New York, at least.
I love it.

No comments: