Sunday, June 27, 2010

beach.

I feel like a lot of my posts have been unorganized ramblings and I apologize for that to my one follower. Hehe. I'm would try to publicize this more but I don't really want to, I like having it as a journal/diary kind of thing.

Basically our trip can be summed up as: Dick's, House of Blues, lots of badforyou food, lots of ice cream, shopping, haunted house, magiquest, johnny rocket's, fake cigarettes, awkward status updates by Evan, long car rides, getting lost, board games, not being able to sleep, and friendship bracelets. In short, a lot of memories were made, a lot of junk food was eaten, and not a lot of sleeping was done.


Let me not so deftly segue to another topic. I've decided to try a new sport in college (soccer/frisbee/crew/something that isn't running) because 1. Most of the team run 19 5Ks and I was looking for a "running club" atmosphere and 2. I HATE HATE HATE being on a running plan/being told what to run/all of that. I just like to run however long I want to. 3. I wasn't planning on running XC in college anyway, so why should I change my plans? 4. First year of college, new region, new friends, 13 hours from home, and I'll be working a job/balancing a heavy workload. No thank you.

Another not-so-subtle segue. I am compiling books to read/movies to watch. I've got:
House of Leaves (or so I think it's called), catch-22 (I need to return that soon), re-reading Fitzgerald, and other things. I'm excited.

I emailed Winston Salem Monthly (local free magazine) asking if I could volunteer/intern for them. I got photography assignments, one at Salem Gymnastics and the other at Wolfie's. I'm excited excited excited.

I should leave. I don't want to sleep, but I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow. 8:30. Retainer check. Ew.

I'll bank on 4 hours tonight...maybe 5. Sleep is for the weak.

No comments: