Friday, February 4, 2011

Adaptation

Before I left for Amherst, the scariest thing I thought I would have to face and adapt to was the New England winter. As the weather got chillier, I thought to myself, "This isn't so bad." Now, with highs barely reaching 20 degrees Fahrenheit and a 30 degree day feeling like summer, I feel like I've completely adapted. The secret to getting through winter here is learning to get used to snow and cold, and buying a good pair of boots, gloves, and a hat.

Although I've gotten used to it, summer still seems really far away when there's two blizzards around the corner (after already having 2) and I hear about 70 degree weather at home and school being delayed because of rain. Laughing, I think to myself that if this were Winston, there wouldn't have been school for a month (or more).

At any rate, I don't think I'll be getting Seasonal Affective Disorder anytime soon, which is a good thing.

This weekend:
Sparkle Ball
Hip Hop Workshop with a fair trade record company (IDK how that works)
Geo HW (Identify minerals)
BLST Reading Form and Last 12 pages of book
French chapter
Photo shutter speed/d.o.f assignment and process film

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bahahahaha your weather makes our weather look like funtimes.
And yes, WSFCS is ridiculous. I just laughed this morning and went back to sleep. It's because of that Reagan kid, y'know? They want to be careful, which is fine. I love 2hr delays :)
Anyway, looks like you have a fun weekend planned! Are you blogging every day in February or something, because this is an impressive streak! :)