Thursday, February 10, 2011

photos, phish, foolishness

Taking photography (I KNOW I KNOW I'VE TALKED ABOUT IT IN EVERY POST FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS) is making me want to be a photojournalist...again. I know I'll be starving if I choose that route, but still, I just feel like capturing the world and making the unseen seen would be such a rewarding experience.
Today was a long day, but I learned so much. I saw amazing slides in Photo (Henri Cartier-Bresson...a master of photography. And he didn't even develop his own prints). I met up and discussed plans for applying for the Dalai Lama Fellowship which Ruodi, Crystal and I are hoping to get in order to implement a system of financial literacy workshops and an art program where students will sell their artwork for profit...in my grandma's village in Kenya. I hope it works. Regardless, I will be in Kenya this summer...if all goes well.

On the menu for tomorrow:
gym
dance (and practice breakdancing)
try shooting self portrait (can't be of self)
meeting for kenya
geo reading

No comments: