Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So when I joined ultimate, I pictured practice would be a two hour tossing session. I was drawn in my the neon hoodies, the awesome name (SPARKLE MOTION! DONNIE DARKO REFERENCE!) the fact that frisbees basically amazing, and the costume parties. I forgot the whole team-sport-on-a-field-requring-strategy-and-fast-sprinting thing, and the whole -mix-between-basketball-soccer-and-football thing, but I'm learning. Today I learned that when someone calls for a stack that means they have the frisbee, and the defenders don't have the frisbee (I seem to be team-sport-tarded). Also there are different types of stacks (how you organize your team members to make it easier to get the frisbee). And here I was thinking the frisbee players just run around randomly trying to catch it...oh man, was I wrong.

Life is not getting calmer but it's getting more routine which is a good thing. MY desk is filled with random books for classes, mostly my seminar...Shakespeare, Aristotle, Plato, Toni MOrrison, Servantes, and Paine, anyone? I think the class may cause me some pain(e).
Ba dum tsh
Additionally my fridge is sitll near empty because I ate all my food...oops...and dinner ends at 7:30 leaving my hungry at this time of night. Fail. It might be a good thing though, less snacking=less chance of gaining that freshman 15, right? Although the ice cream machine (THEY HAVE CONES TOO) is so amazing...
and froyo...
ahh...

No comments: