Sunday, September 19, 2010

why diversity is flippin' awesome

I THINK this is my last blog, but I'm not sure and I'm too lazy to check. So here we go.

Colleges like to talk about diversity and such, and sometimes they overdo it, but I really do think it's important...take my school for example. We have so many international students and kids from 48 states, and we only have 1700ish students. It's pretty awesome. Internationals add sooo much to your college experience, because their cultures and societies are so different, etc etc, and it's really cool to know people from different states/of different religions, social classes, races etc. 40% of students here are "students of color" as it were (i never understood how to use the phrase as it were...hm).

Anyways, if I were to go to say, warren wilson college, outside of asheville, which is 98% white (no problem with that, may i add, there would still be a diversity of religions and stuff) but i just wouldn't get the same experience, the same richness of extracurricular activities, and social-stuff-to-do

so anyways...yeah, diversity is awesome

No comments: