Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chamber of Secrets?

It's getting harder and harder to find time to blog, and when I do it's a stream-of-conciousness rambling type of bog and not a well thought out and constructed one. Oops.

Tomorrow I leave for a two day camping trip (first time camping!) and we'll be canoeing as well. I leave around 8, which means I'll have to blog super early?
Maybe I'll just blog at 12:01 today.

Things are going well here...I'm just repeating myself, really. Yesterday I went out on my own to find people and succeeded in joining a group of northerners (meaning they're from North Hall) and going to a "college party" which wasn't that exciting. I want the awesome dance parties that happen every month :D They're called TAPs, The Amherst Party, and have special themes.

It's harder for someone like me to make friends right away, because I'm the listening, observant type. Here, you have to make an effort to put yourself out there. I can't tell you how many times I've said "I'm Yasmina, I'm from Winston Salem North Carolina (Blank looks make me continue with "Where Wake Forest is" which leads to recognition. I'll leave out the whole underwear-hot sauce-doughnut-tobacco capital of the world thing out for now).

I'm having fun though. I branched out at the President's Barbecue and sat with some new people. They got onto the subject of the nicest dorm of campus, which has been described as a ski lodge and Hogwarts. It's called Charles Pratt, and it's a first year dorm. A girl said that she didn't get why people thought it looked like Hogwarts, and that she saw that someone started a Harry Potter board on the facebook group and she wasn't into it. It's cool that she's not into it, I don't have a problem with that, I just thought it was funny because I actually started that group. NERD NERD NERD :D I bruoght my Hogwarts glass, my lanyard and HP 4.

Today there were a couple of skits about student health, like sex, alchohol and such. In one of the skits, this guy was like "So have you entered her Chamber of Secrets yet?" and it was amazing. I love HP pick up lines and such.
Well I have to go to a lecture about another book thing we read, concerning race and class at an elite college...or something. Adios!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SOUNDS AWESOME. Still.
I am enjoying these blogs. Friendly neighborhood internet stalkers! :)
GOOD LUCK WITH CAMPING! You'll love it, I'm sure! :D
Tu n'as pas apporte le livre de Harry Potter en francais? Je vois dans les photos que tu n'as pas grand choses, c'est un peu triste pour tous que tu avais!